We are very pleased to announce the maintenance release of HumHub 1.6.2. This releases fixes a bug introduced with the 1.6.1 release.\
\- Fix [#4305](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4305): 2nd level comment "Submit" button is not visible
Stay informed about the project with our recently introduced monthly Newsletter.
[View ](http://7jmn.mjt.lu/nl2/7jmn/5kz05.html?hl=en "View")it online or [subscribe ](https://www.humhub.com/en/newsletter "subscribe")directly. Hope you like the format!
We are very pleased to announce the maintenance release of HumHub 1.6.1. Here is a list of the most important changes:\
\- Fix #4282: Sub-comment richtext menu dropdown does not hover main comment section\
\- Fix #4285: All ThirdParty modules are also marked with "Community"\
\- Fix #4287: Fixed Yii2 compatibility issue with MySQL 8+ \
\- Fix #4303: Fixed syntax error in comment query
In addition, **Humhub 1.5.4** and **HumHub 1.4.5** were released as maintenance update. Both releases contain the fix for MySQL 8.0+ compatibility.
![Release16.jpg](/en/community/load-file?guid=05912186-9b66-402c-b7d7-47fe05668622 "Release16.jpg" =829x325)
After a successful beta phase, we are proud to present the stable release of version 1.6.0. Among other things, you can look forward to the following improvements:
### **Nested Comments**
Prior to this update users were not able to directly reply to another users comments, which could lead to confusing exchanges. With the implementation of nested comments we hope to add more structure and clarity to longer conversations. This release will be adding one additional level of comments. That may be increased with future releases.
### **Marketplace Enhancements**
The HumHub [Marketplace](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace) has received several new features. In order to increase transparency, Modules which are independently developed by our [Community](https://community.humhub.com/) are now marked accordingly. To make the publishing process more efficient, developers are now able to release beta versions of their Modules. To boost the development of custom Modules, we have added the possibility to purchase third-party Modules directly from the developer/publisher while still being able to install them via the Marketplace. For this purpose users are now able to contact the developers via the Marketplace.
### **Stream & Filter**
Continuing the restructuring process of the Stream, we have added several improvements to it. For example, profile posts as well as archived content can now be filtered appropriately. In connection with this change, profile posts can now also be archived. Additionally the maximum number of pinned posts has been increased and the possibility to deactivate the whole profile stream has been added in order to give the software more flexibility.
For more detailed information take a look into the [Changelog ](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md "Changelog")and the [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_6 "Release Notes").
We are also pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.6 Beta 1, with nested comments as one of the main features. For more:
* [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_6 "Release Notes")
* [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.6.0-beta.1 "Changelog")
Hope you like it!
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.5.3. Here is a list of the most important changes:
* Fix #4036: Profile images are not rotated correctly
* Fix #4168: Erroneous pagination in notification overview
* Fix #4060: Profile description and text regex error message not translatable
* Fix #4153: Administration: Email transport configuration 'Save & Test' Gives No Result
* Fix #4187: Use of invalid LivePushAsset namespace
* Fix #4140: Profile field hint is double encoded
* Fix #4166: Typo in LDAP settings form
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.5.1. This release comes with some hotfixes for bugs that were introduced in the 1.5.0 build four days ago.\
* Fix [#4001](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4001): LDAP user sync error
* Fix [#4004](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4004): Missing translation strings
* Fix [#4009](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4009): Yii queue error handling broken
* Fix [#4008](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4008): Some richtext images are embedded as Base64
* Fix [#4019](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4019): Animated Gifs not handled correctly with GMagick extension
* Fix [#4021](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4021): Activity mail queue job timeout error handling
* Fix [#4005](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4005): The uploaded logo is scaled too small.
* Enh [#4026](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4026): Check memory limit in prerequisites check
* Fix [#4023](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4023): Background flickering on firefox page transition
* Fix [#4028](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4028): Image previews rendering in stream do not perform well.
![email@example.com](/en/community/load-file?guid=521cc180-2b6d-48ed-8e02-b59379e606a2 "firstname.lastname@example.org" =829x325)
We hope you are all staying healthy and safe. We are aware that under the current circumstances, a software update will not be the most important thing for most of you. Nonetheless, we hope that we can at least provide a little bit of distraction. The update provides a number of improvements:
### **Live Updates**
One of our goals for the versions to come is to display content and interactions more rapidly. To reach this goal we have already laid the foundations in the previous versions of the software. Now, as one of the first apparent steps, we have added an indicator for new content to the time Timeline. Additionally, the Activity Widget updates its content automatically. This is a big step towards our goal, one that will help make the software in many aspects more user-friendly.
### **Permission Filters**
Now that a growing number of Modules are becoming available in our Marketplace, we have decided to simplify the management of the corresponding Permissions. For this purpose, we will introduce filters, which will simplify the management and the control of permissions substantially.
### **Profile Posts**
A community lives from the participation of its users. In the past, although users were very active, it was not apparent to others. The activity of users could not be viewed and followed efficiently. One of the main reasons for this was that there was no simple way to get an overview of the contributions made by an individual user. To increase user interaction, we have decided to introduce the possibility to display content that was contributed to Spaces on individual Profile Streams as well. The visibility and security options will, of course, be considered. We believe that this feature will greatly enhance the engagement of users.
### **Filters and Search for Logs**
With a growing code base and increasing possibilities of individualization, it becomes more and more important to understand errors. To simplify this workflow, we have revised the logging view and have additionally integrated filters.
### **Profile Fields**
The ability to customize the software to one’s needs is one of the core benefits of the project. For example, all profile fields and categories, as well as the registration process itself, can be individualized directly from the administration panel. In order to give you a better overview of your profile settings, we have added a new view showing all available profile fields.
### **Legacy Modules**
With our continuously growing Marketplace, it can, of course, happen that certain Modules are no longer maintained or are replaced by more advanced alternatives. In order to maintain quality standards and to provide information about Modules not actively maintained as early as possible, expiring modules are now marked with a "Legacy" tag. Legacy Modules will still be able to be used and we will try to provide migration steps to the alternatives.
**Other noteworthy changes**
* Linked the display of Dashboard filters to ‘Create Post from Dashboard’ option
* Added icons to the Directory navigation
* Added the possibility to directly send test emails from the admin panel
* Integrated SameSite Cookie Support
* Removed caching section from `.htaccess` file
* Removed ImageConverter class, switched to the Imagine library
* Added new optional PHP extensions (ImageMagicks, GraphicsMagick)
As always you can find a detailed list of all improvements in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md "Changelog"). Many thanks to all contributors and all who participated in the beta phase of the last two weeks. Stay healthy!
We are very pleased to announce the first beta of HumHub 1.5. \
This release will, as always, bring a lot of new features and improvements. \
An overview can be found in our new [Release Notes](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/develop/protected/humhub/docs/RELEASE-NOTES.md) or as usual in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/develop/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md).
In these difficult times, it is important to stand together and show solidarity. That is why we have decided to give away the HumHub Professional Edition to all self-organized teachers and school classes until the end of the year. Our hosting plans and all modules are of course included.
If you are wondering if HumHub is suitable for educational use, we recommend the hands-on experience report by Swiss teacher Michael Walder:
* [German ](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/soziales-schul-netzwerk-ein-erfahrungsbericht-michael-walder?trk=related_artice_Soziales%20(Schul-)Netzwerk%20%E2%80%93%20ein%20Erfahrungsbericht_article-card_title "German")
* [English](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/social-school-network-field-report-michael-walder?articleId=6581807890665926656#comments-6581807890665926656&trk=public_profile_article_view "English")
* [Spanish](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/red-social-escolar-un-informe-de-campo-michael-walder?trk=related_artice_Red%20social%20escolar%20-%20un%20informe%20de%20campo_article-card_title "Spanish")
* [Video on remote teaching and HumHub (German)](https://www.linkedin.com/posts/miwalder_fernunterricht-in-coronazeiten-activity-6647555983507800064-fXbg "Video")
All interested teachers and students can create their personal networks with [just a few clicks](https://www.humhub.com/en/professional-edition/demo "Demo"). For everything else just write a short email to our [helpdesk](mailto:email@example.com "Mail").