Stay up to date with news around HumHub.
Also check out our community for more information about HumHub.
a month ago
After extensive testing, we are happy to announce a new major release: HumHub 1.4.0.
Our main focus while developing the new version was to improve the core components of the software. With over 1,000 commits, we have made great progress in this respect. Many thanks to our great [Community](https://community.humhub.com "Community") for the numerous contributions!
As always you can find all improvements in the [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.4.0 "Changelog"), but to mention a few rather prominent ones:
* Introduced the [HumHub Professional Edition](https://www.humhub.com/en/professional-edition "HumHub Professional Edition")
* Added Progressive Web Apps Support and [Push Notifications](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace/fcm-push/ "Firebase")
* Improved mobile theme and usability
* Implemented additional [security ](http://docs.humhub.org/admin-security.html "Security")features like password strength configuration and security header
* Enhanced [Richtext ](https://github.com/humhub/humhub-prosemirror/blob/master/docs/CHANGELOG.md "Richtext")usability
* Added an intuitive theme view structure
* Simplified the structure and vastly reduced the number of the language files
* Built-in several API Enhancements, e.g. Custom oEmbeds, Icon Abstraction, and a new Menu API
* Integrated Twemoji v12
The work does not stop here, of course. We have already started working on the next major update. Until then, have fun with HumHub 1.4.0!