We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.8. \
The HumHub 1.8.2 changelog:
* Fix [#4959](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4959): Horizontal scrollbar for images
* Fix [#4898](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4898): No streamExcludes option when loading single stream entry
* Enh [#4960](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4960): Added “codeception/module-rest” for testing of REST API modules
* Enh [#4976](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4976): Added REST API Codeception tester
* Enh [#4967](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4967): Module update broken with expired licence key
* Enh [#4972](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4972): Fix enabling to send notification on remove user from group
* Fix [#4985](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4985): Fix Activity Mail QueryParams on console mode
* Enh [#23](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/23): Allow to read image URLs with token param
* Fix [#4989](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4989): Translate profile field title in admin list
* Fix [#5002](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5002): Fix loading of fixture spaces on tests
* Fix [#5018](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5018): Activity stream problems with many user accounts
* Fix [#5013](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5013): XSendFile broken when no SERVER_NAME header provided
* Fix [#5004](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5004): Preview text maxLength issue
* Fix [#5017](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5017): File CLI Command fails due to manually deleted files
* Fix [#5020](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5020): Space visibility options shown to users without permission
* Enh [#5024](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5024): Disable text wrapping in stream richtext
* Fix [#5022](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5022): Fix assign default group on user registration
* Fix [#5015](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5015): Fix visibility of admin menu entries which are initialized with deprecated method
* Fix [#5039](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5039): RichText converter for some string patterns in HTML format
The new [Content Bookmarks](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace/content-bookmarks/) module offers an easy way to save interesting content found in your network. Each user can access their individual bookmarks from their own profile. It enables users, for example, to keep a list of contributions that are particularly worth reading or simply save a discussion for future participation. The module is freely available and can be easily installed via the Marketplace. We hope you like it!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.8.\
The HumHub 1.8.1 changelog:
* Fix [#4931](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4931): Fix highlight parent navigations for sub section "Profile Permissions" (and LDAP)
* Fix [#4934](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4934): Show error instead of warning when using different MySQL Table Engines
* Fix [#4936](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4936): Fix emoji in sample content
* Fix [#4940](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4940): Typo in German translation "Benachrichtigungen"
* Fix [#4942](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4942): MemberOf Display in LDAP CLI Show User Details
* Fix [#4465](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4465): LDAP PHP 8 incompatibility (multiPageSearch)
* Enh [#4569](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4569): Config to overwrite module path
* Fix [#4946](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4946): Fix migration of the default permissions
* Fix [#4955](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4955): Fix convert emoji with sign "+"
* Fix [#4956](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4956): Fix file hash column length
Although the last year was very challenging, we have tried to make the best out of the situation and we believe that despite all the obstacles, we have made good progress with the software. Our goal for this year is to build on last year's progress, which is why we are especially happy to be able to already present you HumHub 1.8.0:
### Default Spaces
Without the use of advanced solutions like LDAP, it has always been difficult to assign multiple users to specific Spaces. To create a simple solution for this problem, we have implemented the possibility to add multiple default Spaces for user groups. The members of each group will be automatically assigned to the respective default Spaces, meaning that you will just need to add a new default Space in order to move a group of users into it, instead of moving each user one by one. This feature also works with user groups which were created before the changes were implemented.
### Maintenance Mode
Updates for HumHub are usually easy and quick to install. Nonetheless, in order to prevent users from accessing the software in an unstable state and to prevent them from facing errors messages during the process, we have added a new maintenance mode which can be activated via the admin interface. Once activated, all users except administrators will be automatically logged out and will not be able to log in until the maintenance has been completed. Users will of course be informed accordingly.
### Account Security
We have added several improvements in order to further increase the security of user accounts. It is now possible to force users to change their passwords on a regular basis. It is also possible to activate a login attempt delay, which makes brute force attacks virtually impossible. In addition, we have further improved the ability to grant administrators access to all content.
### And much more...
* Improved Richtext Styles
* Option to hide Members Widget in Spaces
* Added comment permission on profile level
* Added console command to display LDAP attributes of a user
* Added possibility to block modules via the configuration
* Added support for collapsible form fields
* Optimized dashboard streams and Richtext conversion performance
* Improved Richtext preview rendering for activities and notifications
* Added database related checks (Driver, Collation, Table Engine) to the prerequisites check list
As always, a list of all enhancements and fixes can be found in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#180-march-1-2021 "Changelog") and in the [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_8 "Release Notes"). Stay healthy!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.7. \
The HumHub 1.7.3 changelog:
* Fix [#4792](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4792): Guest access to user profile home page
* Fix [#4794](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4794): CountrySelect profile field broken
* Fix [#4793](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4793): Form labels (HForm) are not displayed correctly
* Fix [#4569](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4569): Prevent double module registration
* Fix [#4389](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4389): Require to check a checkbox if the profile field is required
* Fix [#4281](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4281): Update space chooser after following a space
* Fix [#2950](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/2950): Close modal window on click link with url in href
* Fix [#3687](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3687): Disable profile field type for existing record
* Fix [#4819](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4819): Fixed some PHP8 issues. (Updated to Yii 2.0.40 / Imagine 1.0+)
* Fix [#4825](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4825): Ensure unique setting values (Added unique table index)
* Fix [#4895](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4895): Fix js warning of not loaded module space.chooser
* Fix [#4921](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4921): Fix ambiguous column status
* Fix [#4923](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4923): Replace denied characters with underscore in uploaded file names
We’re getting closer to the next major version of HumHub 1.8.
You can find the full changelog here:\
The Release Notes coming soon too! Stay tuned!
It is once again time for a larger update. We are happy to present you [HumHub 1.8 Beta 1](https://www.humhub.com/en/download "Beta"). The update contains some great improvements, just to name a few:
* Force Password Change
* Maintenance Mode
* Failed Login Password Delay
* Improve Richtext Styles
* Allow multiple default Spaces for Groups, also applicable for existing users
* Configurable Default Space and User Profile Permissions
All enhancements can as always be found in the the [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.8.0-beta.1 "Changelog"). Have fun testing!
We are very pleased to announce the maintenance release of HumHub 1.7.2. Here is a list of the fixes:
* Fix [#4668](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4668): table-responsive tables do not overflow due to default word break style
* Fix [#4679](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4679): Richtext extension scan does not include full title if title contains a `)`
* Fix [#4703](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4703): SSO login drops no warning if AuthClient cannot be stored
* Fix [#4700](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4700): Deep Links from Microsoft Office Documents
* Fix [#4714](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4714): Use HTTPS protocol for default OEmbed endpoint URLs
* Fix [#4727](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4727): Nav tabs with data-toggle are styled in link color
* Fix [#4649](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4649): Success message rendered although password validation failed
* Fix [#4717](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4717): Repsonsive layout alignment issue on small screens
* Fix [#4715](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4715): Call to `Content::canArchive()` throws error on global content
* Fix [#4744](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4744): Banner image orientation not being processed
* Fix [#4743](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4743): Hide "Like" link when no permission "Can like"
* Fix [#4768](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4768): Use only letters and digits from Space name for logo acronym (Thanks to **[@jrckmcsb](https://github.com/jrckmcsb)**)
* Fix [#3617](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3617): Deny slashes in usernames
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.7. \
The HumHub 1.7.1 changelog:
* Fix [#4612](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4612): Dashboard wall stream entry displays user name in sub title in post style layout
* Fix [#4614](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4614): Profile Image crop broken
* Fix [#4607](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4607): Changed grid size of image preview on fluid themes
* Fix [#4609](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4609): Error on downscale command
* Fix [#4621](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4621): Wrong image orientation on downscaling with imagick
* Fix [#4628](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4628): Fixed stream gallery ratio issues on fluid themes
* Fix [#4636](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4636): Jplayer overflow on mobile stream
* Fix [#4591](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4591): Registration error text "You are already logged in!" not translatable
* Fix [#4630](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4630): Transfer default content of user approve/decline email to approve/decline form
* Fix [#4650](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4650): `adminCanChangeUserProfileImages` option has no effect
* Fix [#4660](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4660): Topic stream filter leads to stream entry duplication in combination with stream suppression
* Fix [#4638](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4638): Profile settings do not accept birthdate in russian format
* Fix [#4596](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4596): Set `autocomplete="off"` on date picker fields
Many of you have taken the opportunity to try out the beta version of the new release. Special thanks to all involved for their feedback. It allowed us to fix a few issues and implement additional improvements.
For all those who have missed the beta, here are some of the prominent changes:
* Redesign of the existing wall entry layout
* Introduction of an additional new wall entry layout
* Reworked comment section
* Added image scaling options
* Improved accessibility
* Added ‘About’ page to Spaces
To get a more detailed summary take a look into the [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_7) or or if you are rather interested in the technical side of update, take a look at the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#170-november-4-2020).
Before updating please also take a look into the [Updating Guide](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/admin/updating) and the [Migration Guide](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/admin/updating-migration2#17)! Thanks again to all involved and have fun with the update!