It took a little longer than planned, but we are happy to present you version 1.9 beta. The most significant change the new version will introduce is the rework of the ‚Directory‘. In order to make users and spaces more visible, we have decided to split the ‘Directory’ into two new sections, 'People' and 'Spaces'.
## New ‚People‘ Directory
Apart from the obvious change that users are no longer simply displayed in a list, administrators now have a wide range of options at their disposal. One of them is the possibility to select the information shown on the user cards. In addition to name and title, up to 3 additional pieces of information can be selected under ‘Administration --> User --> People’. To highlight particular users, we have also created the possibility to select a prioritized user group, which will be displayed first when sorting is set to default.
In addition to the individually selectable user information on the cards, we have also added the possibility to individually pick the available filters. Administrators can define in the settings of a profile field whether it should be used as a filter or not. This also includes individually created profile fields, but is limited to certain field types.
## New ‚Spaces‘ Directory
As already mentioned, spaces now also have their own section. The design is similar to the ‘People’ section with focus on a short descirption and the possibility to easily follow or join single spaces.
## And some more..
That is of course not everything the new version has to offer. Just to name a few other enhancements:
* Administrators now have the ability to reset user settings in regards to email summaries and notifications, even if a user has already individualized them
* A default time zone can now be set for non-logged-in users
* New Command Line Features: Delete users & Add possibility to register purchased modules
* New Space module setting to allow all users to add other users without an invite
* Support for images in email notifications and summaries
* New Tag Picker Input Widget for Space / User Profiles
* LDAP: New skip list to exclude incorrect DNs from import
* Ability to unfollow users one is friends with
As always, you can find all changes and enhancements in the [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.9.0-beta.1 "Changelog"). Have fun testing!