We are happy to announce the release of HumHub Version 1.9.0. For detailed information take a look into the [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_9 "Release Notes") and the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.9.0/CHANGELOG.md "Changelog").
Thanks to everyone involved in the development process and to everyone who gave their input during the beta phase. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!
We’re getting closer to the next major version of HumHub 1.9.
* Fix [#5128](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5128): Prerequisites: Increase PHP Min version to 7.3
* Fix [#5135](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5135): Remove checking for PCNTL extension (revert [#5065](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5065) and [#5071](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5071))
* Fix [#5136](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5136): Fix get value of user profile fields with types "Checkbox List" and "Checkbox"
* Fix [#5137](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5137): Fix convert to short integer on PHP 8
* Enh [#5144](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5144): Show sort order in profile fields settings
* Fix [#5149](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5149): Use a link mode for space button "Join" from space header
* Fix [#4830](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4830): Fix Prerequisites / Self Test translations
* Fix [#4459](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4459): Make UserFollow activity public
* Enh [#3824](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3824): Run acceptance tests with pretty URLs
The Release Notes coming soon too! Stay tuned!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.8. \
The HumHub 1.8.3 changelog:
* Fix [#29](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/29): Fix login form view on browser back button after footer link
* Fix [#5066](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5066): Fix pin and archive global content without container
* Fix [#5107](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5107): Fix captcha client validation after request new code
* Fix [#22](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/22): Fix misplaced OEmbed provider buttons on general settings form
* Fix [#5130](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5130): Don't require type for first param of the function ProsemirrorRichText::replaceLinkExtension()
* Fix [#5155](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5155): Open basedir restriction error in with PHP 7.4.21/8.0.8
It took a little longer than planned, but we are happy to present you version 1.9 beta. The most significant change the new version will introduce is the rework of the ‚Directory‘. In order to make users and spaces more visible, we have decided to split the ‘Directory’ into two new sections, 'People' and 'Spaces'.
## New ‚People‘ Directory
Apart from the obvious change that users are no longer simply displayed in a list, administrators now have a wide range of options at their disposal. One of them is the possibility to select the information shown on the user cards. In addition to name and title, up to 3 additional pieces of information can be selected under ‘Administration --> User --> People’. To highlight particular users, we have also created the possibility to select a prioritized user group, which will be displayed first when sorting is set to default.
In addition to the individually selectable user information on the cards, we have also added the possibility to individually pick the available filters. Administrators can define in the settings of a profile field whether it should be used as a filter or not. This also includes individually created profile fields, but is limited to certain field types.
## New ‚Spaces‘ Directory
As already mentioned, spaces now also have their own section. The design is similar to the ‘People’ section with focus on a short descirption and the possibility to easily follow or join single spaces.
## And some more..
That is of course not everything the new version has to offer. Just to name a few other enhancements:
* Administrators now have the ability to reset user settings in regards to email summaries and notifications, even if a user has already individualized them
* A default time zone can now be set for non-logged-in users
* New Command Line Features: Delete users & Add possibility to register purchased modules
* New Space module setting to allow all users to add other users without an invite
* Support for images in email notifications and summaries
* New Tag Picker Input Widget for Space / User Profiles
* LDAP: New skip list to exclude incorrect DNs from import
* Ability to unfollow users one is friends with
As always, you can find all changes and enhancements in the [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.9.0-beta.1 "Changelog"). Have fun testing!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.8. \
The HumHub 1.8.2 changelog:
* Fix [#4959](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4959): Horizontal scrollbar for images
* Fix [#4898](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4898): No streamExcludes option when loading single stream entry
* Enh [#4960](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4960): Added “codeception/module-rest” for testing of REST API modules
* Enh [#4976](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4976): Added REST API Codeception tester
* Enh [#4967](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4967): Module update broken with expired licence key
* Enh [#4972](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4972): Fix enabling to send notification on remove user from group
* Fix [#4985](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4985): Fix Activity Mail QueryParams on console mode
* Enh [#23](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/23): Allow to read image URLs with token param
* Fix [#4989](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4989): Translate profile field title in admin list
* Fix [#5002](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5002): Fix loading of fixture spaces on tests
* Fix [#5018](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5018): Activity stream problems with many user accounts
* Fix [#5013](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5013): XSendFile broken when no SERVER_NAME header provided
* Fix [#5004](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5004): Preview text maxLength issue
* Fix [#5017](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5017): File CLI Command fails due to manually deleted files
* Fix [#5020](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/5020): Space visibility options shown to users without permission
* Enh [#5024](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5024): Disable text wrapping in stream richtext
* Fix [#5022](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5022): Fix assign default group on user registration
* Fix [#5015](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5015): Fix visibility of admin menu entries which are initialized with deprecated method
* Fix [#5039](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/5039): RichText converter for some string patterns in HTML format
The new [Content Bookmarks](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace/content-bookmarks/) module offers an easy way to save interesting content found in your network. Each user can access their individual bookmarks from their own profile. It enables users, for example, to keep a list of contributions that are particularly worth reading or simply save a discussion for future participation. The module is freely available and can be easily installed via the Marketplace. We hope you like it!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.8.\
The HumHub 1.8.1 changelog:
* Fix [#4931](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4931): Fix highlight parent navigations for sub section "Profile Permissions" (and LDAP)
* Fix [#4934](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4934): Show error instead of warning when using different MySQL Table Engines
* Fix [#4936](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4936): Fix emoji in sample content
* Fix [#4940](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4940): Typo in German translation "Benachrichtigungen"
* Fix [#4942](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4942): MemberOf Display in LDAP CLI Show User Details
* Fix [#4465](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4465): LDAP PHP 8 incompatibility (multiPageSearch)
* Enh [#4569](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4569): Config to overwrite module path
* Fix [#4946](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4946): Fix migration of the default permissions
* Fix [#4955](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4955): Fix convert emoji with sign "+"
* Fix [#4956](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4956): Fix file hash column length
Although the last year was very challenging, we have tried to make the best out of the situation and we believe that despite all the obstacles, we have made good progress with the software. Our goal for this year is to build on last year's progress, which is why we are especially happy to be able to already present you HumHub 1.8.0:
### Default Spaces
Without the use of advanced solutions like LDAP, it has always been difficult to assign multiple users to specific Spaces. To create a simple solution for this problem, we have implemented the possibility to add multiple default Spaces for user groups. The members of each group will be automatically assigned to the respective default Spaces, meaning that you will just need to add a new default Space in order to move a group of users into it, instead of moving each user one by one. This feature also works with user groups which were created before the changes were implemented.
### Maintenance Mode
Updates for HumHub are usually easy and quick to install. Nonetheless, in order to prevent users from accessing the software in an unstable state and to prevent them from facing errors messages during the process, we have added a new maintenance mode which can be activated via the admin interface. Once activated, all users except administrators will be automatically logged out and will not be able to log in until the maintenance has been completed. Users will of course be informed accordingly.
### Account Security
We have added several improvements in order to further increase the security of user accounts. It is now possible to force users to change their passwords on a regular basis. It is also possible to activate a login attempt delay, which makes brute force attacks virtually impossible. In addition, we have further improved the ability to grant administrators access to all content.
### And much more...
* Improved Richtext Styles
* Option to hide Members Widget in Spaces
* Added comment permission on profile level
* Added console command to display LDAP attributes of a user
* Added possibility to block modules via the configuration
* Added support for collapsible form fields
* Optimized dashboard streams and Richtext conversion performance
* Improved Richtext preview rendering for activities and notifications
* Added database related checks (Driver, Collation, Table Engine) to the prerequisites check list
As always, a list of all enhancements and fixes can be found in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#180-march-1-2021 "Changelog") and in the [Release Notes](https://docs.humhub.org/docs/about/releasenotes/release_notes_1_8 "Release Notes"). Stay healthy!
We are very pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of HumHub 1.7. \
The HumHub 1.7.3 changelog:
* Fix [#4792](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4792): Guest access to user profile home page
* Fix [#4794](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4794): CountrySelect profile field broken
* Fix [#4793](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4793): Form labels (HForm) are not displayed correctly
* Fix [#4569](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4569): Prevent double module registration
* Fix [#4389](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4389): Require to check a checkbox if the profile field is required
* Fix [#4281](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4281): Update space chooser after following a space
* Fix [#2950](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/2950): Close modal window on click link with url in href
* Fix [#3687](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3687): Disable profile field type for existing record
* Fix [#4819](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/pull/4819): Fixed some PHP8 issues. (Updated to Yii 2.0.40 / Imagine 1.0+)
* Fix [#4825](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4825): Ensure unique setting values (Added unique table index)
* Fix [#4895](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4895): Fix js warning of not loaded module space.chooser
* Fix [#4921](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4921): Fix ambiguous column status
* Fix [#4923](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4923): Replace denied characters with underscore in uploaded file names
We’re getting closer to the next major version of HumHub 1.8.
You can find the full changelog here:\
The Release Notes coming soon too! Stay tuned!