We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.5.1. This release comes with some hotfixes for bugs that were introduced in the 1.5.0 build four days ago.\
* Fix [#4001](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4001): LDAP user sync error
* Fix [#4004](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4004): Missing translation strings
* Fix [#4009](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4009): Yii queue error handling broken
* Fix [#4008](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4008): Some richtext images are embedded as Base64
* Fix [#4019](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4019): Animated Gifs not handled correctly with GMagick extension
* Fix [#4021](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4021): Activity mail queue job timeout error handling
* Fix [#4005](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4005): The uploaded logo is scaled too small.
* Enh [#4026](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4026): Check memory limit in prerequisites check
* Fix [#4023](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4023): Background flickering on firefox page transition
* Fix [#4028](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/4028): Image previews rendering in stream do not perform well.
![email@example.com](/de/community/load-file?guid=521cc180-2b6d-48ed-8e02-b59379e606a2 "firstname.lastname@example.org" =829x325)
We hope you are all staying healthy and safe. We are aware that under the current circumstances, a software update will not be the most important thing for most of you. Nonetheless, we hope that we can at least provide a little bit of distraction. The update provides a number of improvements:
### **Live Updates**
One of our goals for the versions to come is to display content and interactions more rapidly. To reach this goal we have already laid the foundations in the previous versions of the software. Now, as one of the first apparent steps, we have added an indicator for new content to the time Timeline. Additionally, the Activity Widget updates its content automatically. This is a big step towards our goal, one that will help make the software in many aspects more user-friendly.
### **Permission Filters**
Now that a growing number of Modules are becoming available in our Marketplace, we have decided to simplify the management of the corresponding Permissions. For this purpose, we will introduce filters, which will simplify the management and the control of permissions substantially.
### **Profile Posts**
A community lives from the participation of its users. In the past, although users were very active, it was not apparent to others. The activity of users could not be viewed and followed efficiently. One of the main reasons for this was that there was no simple way to get an overview of the contributions made by an individual user. To increase user interaction, we have decided to introduce the possibility to display content that was contributed to Spaces on individual Profile Streams as well. The visibility and security options will, of course, be considered. We believe that this feature will greatly enhance the engagement of users.
### **Filters and Search for Logs**
With a growing code base and increasing possibilities of individualization, it becomes more and more important to understand errors. To simplify this workflow, we have revised the logging view and have additionally integrated filters.
### **Profile Fields**
The ability to customize the software to one’s needs is one of the core benefits of the project. For example, all profile fields and categories, as well as the registration process itself, can be individualized directly from the administration panel. In order to give you a better overview of your profile settings, we have added a new view showing all available profile fields.
### **Legacy Modules**
With our continuously growing Marketplace, it can, of course, happen that certain Modules are no longer maintained or are replaced by more advanced alternatives. In order to maintain quality standards and to provide information about Modules not actively maintained as early as possible, expiring modules are now marked with a "Legacy" tag. Legacy Modules will still be able to be used and we will try to provide migration steps to the alternatives.
**Other noteworthy changes**
* Linked the display of Dashboard filters to ‘Create Post from Dashboard’ option
* Added icons to the Directory navigation
* Added the possibility to directly send test emails from the admin panel
* Integrated SameSite Cookie Support
* Removed caching section from `.htaccess` file
* Removed ImageConverter class, switched to the Imagine library
* Added new optional PHP extensions (ImageMagicks, GraphicsMagick)
As always you can find a detailed list of all improvements in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/master/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md "Changelog"). Many thanks to all contributors and all who participated in the beta phase of the last two weeks. Stay healthy!
We are very pleased to announce the first beta of HumHub 1.5. \
This release will, as always, bring a lot of new features and improvements. \
An overview can be found in our new [Release Notes](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/develop/protected/humhub/docs/RELEASE-NOTES.md) or as usual in the [Changelog](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/develop/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md).
In these difficult times, it is important to stand together and show solidarity. That is why we have decided to give away the HumHub Professional Edition to all self-organized teachers and school classes until the end of the year. Our hosting plans and all modules are of course included.
If you are wondering if HumHub is suitable for educational use, we recommend the hands-on experience report by Swiss teacher Michael Walder:
* [German ](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/soziales-schul-netzwerk-ein-erfahrungsbericht-michael-walder?trk=related_artice_Soziales%20(Schul-)Netzwerk%20%E2%80%93%20ein%20Erfahrungsbericht_article-card_title "German")
* [English](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/social-school-network-field-report-michael-walder?articleId=6581807890665926656#comments-6581807890665926656&trk=public_profile_article_view "English")
* [Spanish](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/red-social-escolar-un-informe-de-campo-michael-walder?trk=related_artice_Red%20social%20escolar%20-%20un%20informe%20de%20campo_article-card_title "Spanish")
* [Video on remote teaching and HumHub (German)](https://www.linkedin.com/posts/miwalder_fernunterricht-in-coronazeiten-activity-6647555983507800064-fXbg "Video")
All interested teachers and students can create their personal networks with [just a few clicks](https://www.humhub.com/en/professional-edition/demo "Demo"). For everything else just write a short email to our [helpdesk](mailto:email@example.com "Mail").
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.4.4. Here is a list of the most important changes:
* Fix #3908: `DateHelper::parseDateTime()` returns invalid date if given value is not parsable
* Fix #3905: `accountTopMenu` renders redundant `
* Fix #3911: Error thrown in UrlRule for non existing user names
* Fix #3914: Directory link in space chooser still visible when directory module not active
* Fix #3915: Removed default border from canvas style
* Fix #3885: Prevent comments on archived content
* Fix #3940: Empty visibility for some new spaces
* Fix #3942: Show password icon not placed correctly if field was initially hidden
* Chng: Updated richtext version to 1.0.21
* Fix #3906: Prevent emoji chooser focus when triggered by input rule
* Fix #3890: Richtext list menu item disappears
You can find the full changelog here: [https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.4/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.4/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md)
Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no Jitsi account needed.
* Adds an entry to the main navigation
* Users are able to create a conferencing room with a few clicks
* No client software necessary
* You can use the official Jitsi or your own server
Simply install it with a few clicks via [Marketplace](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace/jitsi-meet/ "Marketplace") and you are ready to go.
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.4.3. Here is a list of the most important changes:
* Fix #3887: CSS presentation issue for tables wider than the container and videos missing borders (areasas)-
* Fix #3893: New user invite headline broken in German translation
* Enh: Updated translation files
You can find the full changelog here: [https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.3/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.3/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md)
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.4.2. Here is a list of the most important changes:
* Fix #3865: "Use default swipe" setting not working
* Fix #3875: Profile image click does not open gallery overlay
* Fix #3879: New mobile swap interfers horizontal scroll
* Enh: Added `humhub.ui.view.isActiveScroll()` in order to check current scroll state (e.g. used to prevent swipe)
* Enh: Added `humhub.ui.view.preventSwipe()` in order to prevent default swipe
* Fix #3866: Emoji chooser broken after pjax link
* Enh: Added emoji richtext menu item
* Enh: Updated humhub richtext version to 1.0.20
* Fix #3883: Former & soft deleted LDAP user produces multiple warnings
You can find the full changelog here: [https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.2/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.2/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md)
We are very pleased to announce the release of HumHub 1.4.1. Here is a list of the most important changes:
* Fix [#3849](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3849): ModuleCleanupJob produces an error due to ".." in path
* Fix [#3860](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3860): Console/Cli Marketplace actions broken
* Fix [#3862](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3862): Profile field type checkbox list with multiple values broken
* Fix [#3864](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/issues/3864): Some profile field translations broken
You can find the full changelog here: [https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.1/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md](https://github.com/humhub/humhub/blob/v1.4.1/protected/humhub/docs/CHANGELOG.md)
After extensive testing, we are happy to announce a new major release: HumHub 1.4.0.
Our main focus while developing the new version was to improve the core components of the software. With over 1,000 commits, we have made great progress in this respect. Many thanks to our great [Community](https://community.humhub.com "Community") for the numerous contributions!
As always you can find all improvements in the [Changelog](https://www.humhub.com/en/download/?rel=1.4.0 "Changelog"), but to mention a few rather prominent ones:
* Introduced the [HumHub Professional Edition](https://www.humhub.com/en/professional-edition "HumHub Professional Edition")
* Added Progressive Web Apps Support and [Push Notifications](https://www.humhub.com/en/marketplace/fcm-push/ "Firebase")
* Improved mobile theme and usability
* Implemented additional [security ](http://docs.humhub.org/admin-security.html "Security")features like password strength configuration and security header
* Enhanced [Richtext ](https://github.com/humhub/humhub-prosemirror/blob/master/docs/CHANGELOG.md "Richtext")usability
* Added an intuitive theme view structure
* Simplified the structure and vastly reduced the number of the language files
* Built-in several API Enhancements, e.g. Custom oEmbeds, Icon Abstraction, and a new Menu API
* Integrated Twemoji v12
The work does not stop here, of course. We have already started working on the next major update. Until then, have fun with HumHub 1.4.0!